The Mail app keeps you notified of new emails as soon as they arrive and allows you to respond and compose new emails directly from your iPhone. The biggest advantage is the range of email services that it supports, such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, as well as custom email domains.
Adding email accounts to the Mail app is a relatively easy and straightforward process. In iOS 10, you can add new email accounts from the Mail settings, but the process is a little different in iOS 11. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to add or remove email accounts from the Mail app in iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad.
How to Add Email Accounts to Mail in iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap on Add Account, then choose the email service to sign into.
- Enter your email address and password to sign into the service that you selected.
- Once you sign into your email account successfully, a number of settings are displayed that allow you to choose the apps that can access and sync with your account, such as Contacts, Calendar, Mail, and Notes. Turn on the toggle for Mail so that it can access your email account, then tap on Save in the top right corner to save your settings.Now that you’ve added your email account, open the Mail app to refresh your inbox and fetch all of your emails.
How to Remove an Email Account from Mail in iOS 11
- Open the Settings app and go to Account & Passwords.
- Under Accounts, you’ll find a list of all the email accounts that you’ve added. Tap on the account which you’d like to remove.
- Press the Delete Account button at the bottom, then select Delete from My iPhone on the confirmation prompt.
That’s it. The email account will be removed from Mail and you’ll no longer receive new email notifications of this account on your iPhone.